My camera ran out of batteries during our 4th of July Celebrations so I don't have any pictures, but I thought I blog about our adventures this month anyways.
We went to Great Grandma Bird's for the 4th and participated in the Salina festivities. We ran races and had a watermelon eating contest. In the afternoon they have swimming races and diving for $$$. We then returned to Grandma's for a really yummy BBQ and lunch (thanks Aunt Sue and Frame family for letting us crash!). After, we had homemade root beer and ice cream. Then we went to the parade and got tons of candy. The kids came home exhausted and filled with sugar and great memories!
Packer is in swimming lessons again--can I just tell you how much I LOVE his swim teacher. She is amazing, as far as I am concerned. She is really great with the kids and they swim so well when she is finished. We love her! FYI--if your interested, it's Debbie Dolphins in South Jordan, 254-1610.
This week we went swimming at Grandma Greats (Evans) and had dinner there with Rich's family. We went to Lagoon's Stk Lagoon Day--you get in FREE and the kids get to ride 4 rides for FREE. Then we came home and went swimming at Aunt Krista and Uncle Trevor's pool and had dinner. Friday, we went to This Is The Place Park for their FREE family day and played games, did crafts and ate tons of Popsicle. We have had a week full of playing and the kids are a little exhausted today. Summer is a lot of work!
On top of all the fun, the kids have been great little workers this week. We've weeded half the garden (it's a good sized garden) and they've had to do dishes, laundry, bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting and bedrooms before they could go do any of this play stuff. I am proud of them being such good helper even if they do whine all the way through their jobs! :)
I'm sure there will be more to blog about--Packer still has two weeks before school starts. I am sure I'll pack plenty of fun into that!
3 comments:
We LOVE Debbie and Gary as well! Carolyn has been going for years and has loved it since day one. This is Kylie's second year, and even though last year was a bit traumatic for her, she really looked forward to it this year. Debbie's Dolphins is the best!
Sounds fun! It was nice to visit with you at the lake. And you are a dolphin too :) Tell us next time you go to grandma greats and maybe we can meet you there for a swim party. PS How do you hear about all these fun free things??
Hey, isn't it about time for an update?
Post a Comment