Friday, September 4, 2009

The Van


Most of you know that Rich and I bought a mini van five years ago when I was pregnant with Hanna. It was a '95 Mazda MPV. Nothing fancy. $1800 and seven seats. That is really about all. No sliding door, no power locks, no power windows--But, man did this van drive and drive and drive. We haven't had any major problems with it since we bought it. Only routine maintenance. Someone even backed into me a couple years ago and the insurance gave us $2100 for the dent--I got Lasik instead of fixing it! So really we couldn't have asked for a better vehicle. Unfortunately, the old machine couldn't last forever. I'd been having a feeling for a while that it was time to start looking for a new van. I saw one at one of my mom's neighbors and asked Rich before he left for scout camp what our budget was. He left for camp and I went and test drove it. Long story short, I bought it the next day. I was leaving for a family reunion with the kids that day and couldn't get the new van registered before I left. So, I took the old one. My sister came with me so I wouldn't have to drive alone. When we reached Mona--the van took it's last breath and died on the free way. I was able to coast to the off ramp where we stayed until help would arrive. My cousins, Kate and Gi, live in Nephi and came and saved the day. Gi had a vehicle trailer and loaded up the van and the next day brought it back to Riverton--A MAJOR THANK YOU to awesome cousins who go WAY above and beyond the call of duty; you're the absolute best!!! My parents picked up the new van and brought it down and I had it registered in Nephi. So long story short--old van died, got a new one! We will miss our beloved car but are really happy to have one with power locks and sliding doors--there is even two on this car. I didn't know what I was missing out on! This is what the new van looks like except it's light blue. Kinda fun!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad it all worked out so well...you know I mean not that having your car die is good, but it could have been much worse.

Adrianne said...

I love the new van and the new family picture. You guys look great! Happy Birthday soon by the way.

Emily said...

Hope you had a happy birthday today!