This is a letter and pictures sent by my husband to our siblings and I just have to share. I think he's quite funny.
Dear Family,
After our second attempt we had our first successful extraction!!!! Let me say it was quite the challenge … it all started when the subject’s baby tooth would not come out and another tooth started to come in. He looked quite bad to say it blunt. I called the dentist and asked how much it would cost for a tooth to come out. He replied about $120 dollars. I though that is a lot of money for such a simple job, so being the do it yourself type of guy I did some extensive research on the subject! I think I earned a degree on tooth extraction from the University of Wicikepedia with a minor in health research from Google. I purchased the proper tools, well I just found them in my garage to tell the truth (pliers and some fish line). Next I needed the subject to be excited for what I was about to do. Having been in sales I knew the proper words and motivation. We told the subject if he would allow me to extract the tooth I would pay him $ 20. The subject was ecstatic!
Our first attempt: We laid him down on the bed and applied some KANKA on the area. We pulled the tooth back and forth for about 30 min. The kid was quite brave he is only 7 the same age as Joseph Smith. So I reasoned that the subject could endure considerable amount of pain and still have a good attitude. After an hour of moving the tooth and trying to pull it out we had no success. I then went to phase two PLIERS. Yes the method was a little crude I had him close his eyes and tried with my might to yank it out, still no success. Next I tried the time tested solution fishing string (Trevor will be so proud of me) I tied the slip knot around the tooth and with all my might I yanked on the string. Whamm!!! Nothing happened the string broke and we drew some blood. Both me and subject decided to try again another day.
Second attempt: It was the evening of November 17, 2010 the subject had just come home from the store with his father. The head nurse said lets take the tooth out. The subject again was quite positive about the prospect of earning $ 20. So my nurse laid him down and began a different process of moving the tooth back and forth. After 25 min the tooth was loose and she told me that it was time for drastic measures. I leaned down and pulled the tooth with all my force. No, the tooth did not come out and the subject really did not like to hear crunching in his mouth as I tore apart the roots from the gums. There was blood in the mouth now, but with the bravery of David of old, and the reminder of the $ 20 the subject once again asked me to work at it. This time I knew if I used a fish string we could get it. So we wrapped the fish string around the tooth and pulled… WHAMM !! We all looked down and there it was, the biggest tooth we have ever seen, tied to a fish string.
You can now look at the photos!
Love, Rich Tooth Practitioner
If you need my services I will only charge $50 that is a 50% discount


No comments:
Post a Comment