Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Packer's Eight!

 Packer celebrated his eighth birthday this year. I can't believe how big he's getting. My little guy is growing up!

He wanted a Star Wars General Grievous Party and so that's what we did. We ran a Jedi Training camp for the boys to go threw and then graduate from. Upon graduation, they fought Darth Vader (AKA Rich). We definitely had a great time--we LOVE birthdays!






10 Things I LOVE about Packer
  1. Packer has the kindest heart. He is able to see the needs of others and her reaches out to them.
  2. He is so creative! He built the entire Tree of Life story out of Lego's and then taught it to the family for Family Home Evening.
  3. Packer is a great example. I went down to check on the boys the other night and there is Packer in his bed with a flashlight reading the scriptures. He's says, "If I read two pages each day I can finish reading the Book of Mormon by my 9th birthday."
  4. Packer is really talented. He has been taking piano lessons since last May and he is doing so good. He continually amazes me with how well he can play!
  5. He is a great big brother. He loves his brothers and sisters and seems a little lost without them. He loves to play with them and they spend hours together playing. He is really good about making sure they are all playing and involved.
  6. He loves to cook too! It's so much fun to have help in the kitchen and Packer is a great help. He's even made dinner for us, although is specialty is brownies!
  7. When he sets his mind to it, Packer is a really hard worker. I am amazed at all the things he can get done when he wants to.
  8. Packer is my snuggler. He loves to snuggle, get his back scratched and get tucks in.  I look forward to the nights when we have time to fit it all in.
  9. Packer is a really good kid. It's so fun to see him growing in his understanding and reasoning. He is making very good decisions and I am continually pleased with the young man he is becoming.
  10. His smile is contagious. If he's smiling, most likely so is everyone around him.
I love you Packer and hope you have the happiest birthday!

No comments: