Sunday, January 18, 2009

Belated Christmas Activities

Every year for Christmas I do the 25 days of Christmas with the kids and we do all kinds of things. Each day in our advent calendar we draw out a paper with the activity we will do that day. This year I never quite got on top of the holiday and Christmas came and went and I still never got the calendar stuffed. Yes, we did do some of the activities, but we are also still finishing up some of them. A couple of weeks ago we made our homemade marshmallows and had hot chocolate and this week we finally finished our Christmas place mats. We take our Christmas cards from the year before and cute them up and decorate a place mat with them. So, this is a picture of our finished projects. We have fun making them and have more fun eating off of them and looking at how our workman ship has changed through the years. When the kids leave home, they'll have 18+ placemats to take with them!

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

I love Hanna Banana's smile. You again inspire me to do more. I love the Christmas pictures by the way. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Heather said...

Hey, I see me on a placemat! What a great idea!