We had the Evans family reunion in July and went camping and then to Palisade State Park. We went swimming, canoeing, and paddle boating. We ate and ate and ate. Rich and I went up two nights before the reunion camping. I love to camp! We slept with the top off the tent the first night and the stars were so thick. It was beautiful! How can you doubt there is a God when you get to see such spectacular things? We camped right next to a river, which was great except for the bugs. You win some and lose some! The river created wonderful back ground noise at night and the kids slept great. We took our four-wheeler and the kids loved it. I got sick with some stomach bug during the camp so I spent most of the time lying around and Rich was great to take care of the kids. His parents and siblings came and joined us the second night and then the last day we went to Palisade state back with all his extended family. Two of his cousins do triathlons and were swimming across the lake and invited me to participate with them. I agreed gladly. Rich wasn't so glad! Mind you, I had been sick for two days to the point I could barely get out of bed and I haven't worked out since I got pregnant with Isaac. Why would this be a bad idea? It sound like fun to me! Good thing Rich thought otherwise and followed me on the canoe. I did make it almost 3/4 of the way across the lake before I turned around and I did swim the whole way although I'm not sure floating is a real stroke! :) Either way, it was a fun day!
The next reunion was The Evans reunion with just Rich's siblings. We had a camp out in his parents back yard and ate (great food Russ and Nat!) and ate. The kids watched a movie, the parents played games. The next day we got up and had more great food (Banana and cream cheese crepes. Then we had all kinds of water activities set up in the yard. A pool, slip and slide, kid slide/pool, water volleyball, water fights, squirt guns--pretty much anything water. We finished with lunch, lots of fun and great memories.
The last reunion was the Bird reunion with all my siblings. We went to our Great-Aunt and Uncle's ranch for a few days and had so much fun. [As a side note--my mom's parents passed away 11 days apart almost 15-16 yrs ago. Two of my grandma's siblings have been kind enough to treat as their own grand kids. This great uncle is one of those siblings. I don't think they'll ever know how much it has meant to me through the years to have them in my life. Just simply by being them. They have shared wonderful experiences of my grandparents and other ancestors. I am greatly debted to them and there examples. I know my grandparents would appreciate what they have done for us. Uncle Dean and Aunt Carol and Uncle Oral and Aunt Hanna--I love you guys!!!!] Rich was at scout camp in WY so the kids and I went without him. We fished, four-wheeled, paddle boated, rode horses, went on a hay ride, had a talent show, birthday party, played games with really great prizes!, ate and ate, we even got to do some sorting. We felt like real live cowboys for a few days. It was really fun. Uncle Trevor gets the best Uncle award for the trip. He took most of the kids out fishing on several occasions. What a trooper! Packer caught his first fish--thanks Uncle Trevor for looking out for the little guys & gals!
1 comment:
Looks like a blast! I wish I looked that good in a swimsuit.
Post a Comment