Monday, March 1, 2010

Another Ouch!

It's a typical Sunday morning, Peanut Butter-Banana Waffles for breakfast and Rich off at meetings. The only thing different with this morning is that Rich was speaking in sacrament meeting. We all loaded in the car and were off. Rich went up to the stand and I found seats for the kids and I. After the sacrament was over, Kimball informs me that he needs to go to the bathroom-for the second time since church started. So, I sent he and Packer off to the restroom. A few minutes later Packer comes running in, "Mom, Kimball's bleeding." I'm thinking he bonked his nose and it's bleeding or fell and bit his lip or some other minor scrape. So, I hand Isaac to a neighbor sitting by and run off to the men's bathroom with my son. I open the door to the bathroom and there is blood everywhere. Kimball's face is covered and gushing. I can't tell what is bleeding or where it's coming from. His hands are covered, the floor is covered. I start telling myself to stay calm. I try to get paper towels out of the dispenser, but it's empty. So, I take him over to the woman's bathroom and start cleaning the best I can, but the blood is still poring. I sent Packer to go get Rich off the stand to come down and help. My neighbor walked by and sees the commotion and offers to help, so I send him into sacrament meeting to get another neighbor that works in the NICU. Then another neighbor arrives and runs off to get an ice pack. So, after all the impute we decide it is deep enough for stitches and another neighbor comes with me and we were off for the insta-care. Three stitches, a crayon band aide, and a Lightening McQueen later; we were able to return to church for the last hour and enjoy the rest of our quite Sunday!
So, when Rich and I went to see Bill Cosby, our camera fell out of his pocket and is now lost and gone forever, so these pics are complements of Packer's camera. Sorry, there a little blurry, but you get the idea.

4 comments:

RussNatEvans said...

Oh....poor Nimbals. Man, what a story! You're so good for going back to church, I think I'd be home after that for sure. Sorry to hear about your camera-that stinks.

eliana23 said...

Poor kid, and mom. Thats why you should never go to church. ")

Denise said...

You lead such an exciting life Lisa! Sure glad Kimball's okay. When the stitches come out, vitamin E works wonders on the scar. But then again ~ he's a boy, so maybe he'll want the scar!

Becky said...

Wow! That is an exciting sunday! I'm glad he's o.k. what did he hit his head on and how? Miss you guys and we're excited to hear about the girl!